Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Smokey's Baby Pictures

Susan and I are trying to clean out our garage. That means going through boxes we have shoved in the garage to be sorted out later. Later is now. It has been a treasure hunt and we are finding things we thought were lost. One treasure is a couple of photos of Smokey when he was just a little pup.


When Smokey came to live with me I had a little Rat Terrier named Tootsie. It is hard to recall the time when Smokey and Tootsie were the same size. Tootsie has since gone on to dog heaven, (if she is lucky).


Smokey was born June 7, 2000 which makes him almost 9 years old now. These pictures were taken when he was about 10 weeks old.


Since Susan and I were married December 27, 2002 that means Smokey has seniority on her. But there is no jealousy, Smokey loves her as much as I do. We will have a little birthday party for him soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I have never owned a dog and the children didn't have a dog for a pet, thus I am clueless about them.
Is Smokey old or simply middle-aged?

Anne

Elleona said... [Reply to comment]

Bonjour Bill.

On se dit qu'à la retraite, on aura tout le temps de ranger et on stocke en attendant... mais à la retraite, il y a toujours mille choses à faire et on va moins vite !!!
Smokey a donc facilement accepté Susann !
Kisses.

Katrina said... [Reply to comment]

How sweet! My dog died last summer at the ripe old age of 14 (so 98 in doggie years?). I miss my dog, and the cats I have now will never replace him in my heart. I'm sure he's up there in doggie heaven with your Tootsie. Lucky you to have such a sweet dog in Smokey!

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Thr rule of thumb is that 7 dog years equal 1 human year, so he will be 63 in human age. He sleeps more and is a bit grey around the muzzle but seems to be in good health.

Dogs offer us unconditional love. I have always had a dog and Smokey is the best I have ever had. I hope he will be around a long time.