Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mexican Lunch


La Haciendo makes really good shrimp tostadas. Fresh boiled shrimp diced and tossed with pico de gallo and laid on a crisp tortilla spread with some mayonnaise. Squeeze a little fresh lime juice over it and Yum. Two were all we could eat so we have one of each waiting for us in our refrigerator.


Susan treated us to lunch at our favorite neighborhood Mexican restaurant La Hacienda. Here is her plate of three shrimp soft tacos.


Of course I had to check on the nest. Looks like there are just 2 babies. They are House Finches. Mother and father were both on the nest tending to the chicks when I peeked through the door. They flew before I could get a picture of them. These guys look hungry.


When I looked again later I found the mother on the nest. I am looking through a small window in the front door as well as the glass storm door but it turned out pretty good.

7 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks a lot Bill, here am I trying to diet and you show pictures like that - cruel.

I think you should name your two new house-guests: Fred and Freda Finch would be my suggestion!

Anne

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I had to read the post twice, tired me thought you ate the poor birds :D

Just kidding...

My little baby birds left the nest already... they grow up fast!

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Maybe I should name them Anne and Andy.

Zhu - No no, sparrows are not on the menu. That's funny.

Micki02 said... [Reply to comment]

Hello

Welcome to your two sparrows ! they are beautifull and very hungry !!I'll try to take photo of my other little chicken but they are afraid when I'm with my camera ...
Bye

Elleona said... [Reply to comment]

Bonjour.

Entre la brioche de Micki et vos assiettes bien garnies, nous allons prendre des kilos virtuels !
Bien appétissant tout cela !
Kisses.

RennyBA said... [Reply to comment]

You I know I love seafood so now my mouth is watering! Funny you posted about it as I just posted a pic of my wife's shrimp treat at the end of my last one :-)

Its so exciting to follow what goes on in the nest!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Hey cousin! Just catching up with your blog and see that you are now a proud god-papa! I think it's karma that we both had baby birds on our front doorsteps where we could watch them through the door windows. AND they're the same species! Your picture are much bettre than mine, though! Keep us posted.
glenda