Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Pedestrian Bridge


Tulsa Pedestrian Bridge connects the east and west banks of the Arkansas River

The pedestrian bridge allows foot and bicycle traffic to cross the Arkansas River. There are over 26 miles (42 km) of hard surface pedestrian and biking trails within the River Park which runs adjacent to the river. These connect to many more designated biking trails within the city.


Several outcroppings are available for fishing along the pedestrian Bridge.

One of several Tulsa railroads now defunct have had their right of way turned into bicycle paths. The former Midland Valley Railroad trestle crossing the Arkansas just south of the 21st Street bridge is now a pedestrian crossing. This allows foot and bicycle traffic to cross while others try their hand at the striped bass which have been introduced into the Arkansas.

5 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Interesting to read you too have lost a lot of your railways - a guy called Dr Beeching did for a lot of our small branch lines in the sixties which is now much regretted as it makes for even more traffic on over-burdened motorways.

I'm totally fascinated that you seem to have an all female fan club - it must be the beard:-)

Anne

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Hello Anne - Renny is a guy, but you are right, most of the readers who comment are female. I think I have some regular readers who look but don't comment.

What interests me more than gender is that my readers come from all over. You are in England and Sharon is in Hawaii. Renney is in Norway. Micki and Elleona are are on opposite ends of France, and Zhu is a French girl who is now a Canadian citizen and just spent 3 months packpacking the length of South America. Now that is diverse. I am pleased to have any regular readers. I just wish more would comment. Bloggers live for comments.

I hope you are well and happy. I skipped the jigsaw puzzle last Sunday and nobody mentioned it. I don't think those were of much interest after the initial novelty wore off.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I did your jigsaw last Sunday so sorry I didn't comment about it.
Please, if only for me, do pop in the odd jigsaw - thank you in advance.

I hadn't realised Renny was a man.
Although it's an unusual name I think it would be looked upon as a female name in England, hence my assumption.

Cannot for the life of me understand why people don't make comments on your fascinating blog site - I feel I know Micki and, if only I could understand Eleona, then I'm sure we would have something in common too. Whilst ever you blog I shall comment.

Anne

Micki02 said... [Reply to comment]

Hello Bill
Hello Anne
Blogers are big familly !!
Do you go on my blog recently Anne ? do you can do it ?
Bill, children don't have answer yet, but it's may be difficult with school
Anne doyou have a blog, i'd like to have a look on it
Kiss

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Anne - There is a link to Renny's blog in my link list. Go and visit. It is a very interesting blog about Norway and is in English. Likewise visit Elleona's blog and click on the Google Translate button to select English. The same is true for Micki's blog. Go and enjoy.