Thursday, April 9, 2009

Full Moon


OK, here is the full moon, finally. It started out sunny and warm but very windy today, then rain and hail, then the sun came out -- typical Oklahoma weather. I am not complaining as 100 miles west of here wildfires have destroyed dozens of homes in Midwest City.

Tonight the moon came up in a mostly clear sky but was behind my neighbor's trees. I had a window of opportunity before the clouds covered it again. This was my best shot. Thank you for your patience. I promise no more moon shots...tonight.

4 comments:

Micki02 said... [Reply to comment]

Bonjour,
que la Lune est belle dans l'Oklahoma ! Félicitation pour réussir d'aussi belles photos !!
J'ai été impressionnée par la pluie de grêle, votre région est la région des extrêmes ! grosses chaleur et gros gelons !
Bises

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I'm using your full moon picture to also comment on a couple of past posts.

V funny hailstones the size of golf balls - nuisance neighbour though practicing so close to your fence! He's probably thinking he will be able to participate in next year's American Masters which I am avidly following on tv.

LOVED the flowering shrubs and trees pictures. I think my favourite is the first one. You must be at least a month ahead of us with the azaleas etc. We don't have dogwood trees, only red-barked redwood shrubs.

This new camera has certainly made you go out and about and I for one am not complaining - you're so good at updating your blog site.

A happy Easter to you and Susan.

Anne

RennyBA said... [Reply to comment]

We have the most beautiful weather in Scandinavia too and the moon shine so brightly. Have been in Sweden for some days and now back to Norway. It's Easter brake you know.

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Thank you all for being patient with my quest for the perfect moon picture. I have learned that there are many variables to getting a good one.

I wish you could visit oklahoma to see all these things for yourself. I guess most places are nice if you call them home.