Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Hotrods for Sale


Cars of this vintage look a lot alike just as cars of today do. The most distinctive thing about the cars is often the radiator grill.


This is (I think) a heavily customized 1938 Chevrolet convertible


This is a chopped and lowered 1932 Ford roadster.

There are a pair of gorgeous Hot Rods sitting for sale at 4320 South Peoria Avenue. It is probably just a "guy" thing but I have always coveted a cool old car like this. I apologize that I can not tell you the original make and year of these cars. If it comes to me I will amend this note.

Ah, to be young again. I was in high school in the late 1950s when the hot rod fever first began. Some of these are works of art. They may appeal to our youth, but are generally affordable only by the older guys. Whenever I see one of these on the street, the driver has white hair.

By the way, it is unusually warm today in Tulsa. It was 84°F (29°C), and this afternoon at 2 PM It was 96°F (35.5°C)! We seem to have shifted into summer very early. Of course in Oklahoma it could be quite cool in a few days.

4 comments:

Elleona said... [Reply to comment]

Bill, ce soir le serveur rame , c'est pas croyable ! tellement que vous photos n'arrivent à s'ouvrir que partiellement...
Les voitures sont jolies mais je ne suis pas fan d'automobile et je n'aime plus conduire...
Bisous.

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Vous avez besoin d'une connexion large bande. Désolé, vous rencontrez des problèmes. Comme je l'ai dit, je pense que les voitures anciennes sont un gars chose.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Why not ask your sons to treat you to a ride in a hotrod for your next birthday? I'm sure you're like me and don't "need" anything else as gifts (apart from a Canon camera of course)- just a thought on my part.

Anne

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

You're totally right Bill, no I am not interested in seeing "downtown" Tulsa - I was only making a passing comment.

Anne