Thursday, April 9, 2009

Golf Ball Sized Hail !!

This post reads from top to bottom.


It was sunny and warm earlier today when I was taking pictures in the park. Then it clouded up and started first to rain hard and then hail.


I could hear hail hitting the roof with a loud clatter. Most of the hail was pea-sized but some were larger and were bouncing all over.


When I looked out in the grass I saw one that was very large. The first thing I thought of was that it was truly hail the size of a golf ball! As soon as the storm passed I went out thinking I would pick it up and put it in the freezer to show Susan when she came home.


Sure enough, it was exactly the size of a golf ball. I guess my neighbor across the back fence was practicing his chipping. Yes, I did feel a little silly.

1 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Wow! I have seen hail a couple of time in Ottawa (we sometimes have violent thunderstorms) and it was scary.