Sunday, March 29, 2009

Snow Today, Gone Tomorrow


Here is a little panorama of my back yard, two photos stitched together courtesy of ZoomBrowser. Again, this was earlier this morning. By 3:00 PM the snow is almost all gone. Sue and I took a little drive after church and took some pictures of Redbud Valley. I will share those tomorrow.


The snow stopped during the night and this morning the sun came out. I took a few pictures before we went to church, and by the time we returned it was mostly melted and now the temperature is around 60*F (16*C). As you can see my Lilac bush is bowed but unbroken. I will tie it back and it will be fine.

4 comments:

Micki02 said... [Reply to comment]

Heelo
Do you try the receipe ???
My son is ok for write to your grand son, and my daughter (nearly 10 years old) is looking for a girl pen (or computer!) friend !! She loves horses and rock'nroll !! Her mother speak a little english !!
if you're interrested you can write me on my blog !!
Kisses !!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

What a wonderful world we live in.
Thick snow one moment then the melting ice and spring comes again to the garden. Your plot looks quite big, are you a keen gardener?

Anne

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Micki - I sent an email to you about the kids pen pals (or computer pals).

Anne - At the back of my plot is an 8 foot strip all across the yard that I use as a garden. This year I planted it entirely in giant sunflowers. The birds will like it.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

That's unusual! We didn't even have snow, haven't had any since we came back. It has pretty much all melted. just a bit left on the bank of the Ottawa River.