Wednesday, March 4, 2009

An Afternoon at Chandler Park

Before we left we had to visit my favorite Sycamore tree. I love the light and dark of its bare trunk. I played with the image a little using Paint.net.

This is the wooded picnic area where Smokey likes to explore. Even though it is late winter there is still lots of color even if subdued; the rust-brown leaves, the pale yellow grass from last year, the new green grass starting to come up, the rough brown of the bare trees, the light and shadow on the bark and in the brush beyond. There is a quiet beauty in a place like this.

Smokey likes corn dogs. If there is anyone who does not know what a corn dog ie, it is a hot dog (small balogna sausage) dipped in a cornmeal batter and deep fried.

I pulled the stick out of the corn dog and gave it to Smokey. He did what he always does, which is to set it down and sniff it. It passed the sniff test and he chomped down on it.

As you turn to go up the hill you see CHANDLER PARK spelled out in White stones. This has been there as long as I can remember, and that's awhile.

Smokey and I had a nice afternoon outing. We drove by the Sonic and picked up a burger and fries for me and a corn dog for Smokey, then went up to Chandler Park. Chandler is a big park up on a hill just outside Tulsa. On weekends there are lots of families and picnickers, and in the evenings there are romantic couples preferring privacy, but on weekdays I can let Smokey off the leash so he can explore and sniff around.

4 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Those pictures look cold and crisp and even with Smokey obviously in his element. I think I prefer the sound of what you ate!

Mind you, at the moment, I have to slurp food down as I lost a filling and part of a tooth earlier in the week and I go to the dentist this a.m. to see if it can be filled or has to be pulled.
I have a long held fear of the dentist although, truth to tell, I always find it's never as bad as my imagination!

Anne

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Speaking of dentists, I just now lost part of a filling I had done just last week. Do you suppose this is catching? I'm not crazy about seeing the dentist but it beats loosing all my teeth.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Commiserations. I THINK I've been lucky this time - I can have the tooth crowned rather than pulled BUT it's an expensive procedure and something I hadn't expected.
We're talking in the region of £3-£400 which I definitely consider a lot of money for one tooth.
However, the alternative would have probably been more expensive as this particular tooth holds a plate in position so if it had to have been extracted then I would have required a new plate and I'm assuming that would have cost way more than a single crown.
Glass half full time I think :-)

Anne

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Hope you don't mind my leaving a message for Micki Bill. I only have schoolgirl French and do not understand the instructions given to access Micki's blog. My solution: I'll "chat" to her through you where necessary, if you don't mind.

Anne