Friday, March 27, 2009

Rain, Rain, Rain


The problem is with Smokey. You would think that a dog whose breed has a reputation for ferocity would not mind a little thunder and rain. He does not like rain, and thunder makes him shiver. I finally threw him outside to do his business and he squeezed out a quick whiz then hurried back to the door to be let in. I told him he was a pussycat. He didn't care.


Since you have seen most of our Garden Room I might as well let you see the other end. Our house is small and we had this built across the back when we got married. Susan and I find this to be such a pleasant room we mostly live back here. Sorry for the mess; we've been computing our taxes.


We did not have much rain last winter, so we need the moisture. My little rain gauge says we have had about 2 inches (5 cm) in the past 2 days. That will help.


It rained most of the night and again today. Sue had to go see about her mother but Smokey and I stayed home and watched the rain outside. This is our Garden Room which looks out on the back yard. This corner serves as my computer area. Yes, I know my desk is messy. Susan has reminded me of that many times. But I know where everything is. It is like an archeological dig where things are buried in layers.


I went to the dentist yesterday (ugh) and on the way there a rain storm moved in and it began to rain hard. I pulled over on an overpass and took a picture of the rain moving across the city like a grey curtain. This was at about 1:00 PM and it grew so dark that cars turned on their headlights.

6 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Oh my Lord Bill, and I thought I was untidy. You make me look like a saint. Suddenly my apartment is totally pristine :-)

Anne

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

If a cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered mind, what is an empty desk a sign of?

RennyBA said... [Reply to comment]

How nice of you to invite you into your house - it looks really nice and I like the classic furniture.

As for the rain; we have a snow storm in Oslo, Norway right now :-)

Micki02 said... [Reply to comment]

Hello
a special message for Anne, I think you can know go on my blog, it was forbiden for anonymous person !! I d what it xant to accep anonymous personn now you're realy welcome on my blob, excuse me please !!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I like your pussycat dog - interesting breed! :D

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Touche (I don't know how to do the accent grave or acute). On your comment re empty -v- cluttered minds, give me a cluttered mind any day :-)

We'd call that an extension that you have put on to your home. We had one on our last house and it turned into, probably, the most used room in the whole house.

Micki: I'm going to try to get into your site again. I have kept trying but it "forbids" me every time, perhaps today I'll be lucky.

Anne