Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Neighborhood Creek


One of the lovely homes in the area. No, this is not our home. We have somewhat more modest quarters.


There are many things I like about the older part of Tulsa where we live. One is that is home to many little ponds and streams that wind through the old neighborhoods. Here is a little creek that runs in the general area of the Tulsa Tennis Club. On both sides of the creek are the back yards of two streets of houses. If I were a child living in this neighborhood I would be looking for crayfish in here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

That house reminds me of an English home (wealthy owners).
Love the little pond and stream.
I too used to fish for tiddlers and crayfish when I was a child.
I believe a lot of the freshwater crayfish are now dying out because of pollution. So sad.

Anne

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Nice house, looks like a castle actually!

These kind of houses look good from the outside, but I wouldn't want to do the housework...!

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Beautiful house but I couldn't afford the utility bill let alone the payments. As I drove away I saw a small army of hispanic gardeners working on the grounds. Too much for me.

Stan Gray said... [Reply to comment]

As a 77 year old child I would love the chance to catch and eat the crayfish. You Americans may not know that your species of crayfish has found its way into our English rivers and is killing off the native crayfish, which is smaller and much less aggressive. The authorities are trying to cull the American species, but I don't live near an appropriate river.
Best wishes Bill and Sue, from Laura and Stan