Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Fried Talapia


Greg told me last week that when he was in Gambia he had enjoyed fried talapia. I told him that La Hacienda did a good job of it so we met here for lunch. Sure enough, it met his expectations. It is scored on the sides then fried in very hot oil. It is served with peppers and onions and ranchero sauce over it and is really tasty. The fish we got today were unusually large. It is more than a person can eat -- but we did our best. I wonder if Zhu had talapia in South America.


Today I met my dear friend Leron and his son Greg for lunch at La Hacienda on Peoria. Both are pastors and good Christian men. Greg just returned from a 3 week mission trip in Gambia and we wanted to hear about it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

No idea if it is, but talapia looks as though it could burn the back of the throat. Bon appetit!
Hope you enjoyed a good catch-up with your chums.

Anne

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I actually did, once, in Santiago! Not that many veggies with it on the side though, but your plate looks yummy.

I grew up by the sea in France and I love fish :$

Cabo San Lucas hotels said... [Reply to comment]

delicious but i think they have the ones with the sauce, it actually tastes better than just the veggies and the fried talapia.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I always thought pi was 3. :) But it wouldn't surprise me if Oklahoma state legislature didn't pass a law making it 2.9, just to save money.

David C.