Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Day

In 1966 I was married on Thanksgiving Day and we celebrated our anniversary on Thanksgiving regardless of the date. Over 25 years we had 4 children and a lot of good times. Regretably my social drinking became rather unsociable and we finally parted company.

While this was difficult it motivated me to join AA and get sober. Now I find myself married to a nice lady who only knows me sober. I got to start over. We love each other and are very happy in our little house.

I have a lot to be thankful for on this Thanksgiving day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

We all make mistakes and you were able to find another path in your life, so it's great!

Off topic, this red tree is just wonderfulé

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Thank you, I love my maple trees. They make me feel Canadian. They are green when most of the hardwoods are turning colors then go orange when the others are bare. They are visible from both ends of my street like a red flag.

I hope your last week is going well.

~Zurama Arencibia Nuñez~ said... [Reply to comment]

Wow, those trees are stunning! Glad you got to start over. You are closed artist :)

I would love to exchange link with you. I have an art blog and would love to place your link there and maybe you can add mine to your blog. Check it out and let me know:
http://artdezurama.blogspot.com

Micki02 said... [Reply to comment]

This tree is wonderfull! i'd like to have one of them in my garden !!!
Drinking is a very sad thing for the personn and his familly .... i'm happy for you, that is finish for you !
Happy thankgiving!