Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wordless Wednesday - Oaks Doors

Last week Sue and I took a little drive just southwest of Page Belcher Golf Course.  She said there were some really nice homes over in that area so we checked it out. Sure enough she was right (she usually is).  The term "McMansions" is sometimes used to describe a big fancy house built on a tiny lot within spitting distance of its neighbors.  The houses here are what I would have to describe as "real mansions" laid out spaciously on large 1 acre lots.   I don't know if the neighborhood has an official name or not, but all the streets are named Oaks something-or-other so I will just refer to it as Oaks.  It is home to a number of beautiful houses with tasteful landscaping.  It has lots of pretty doors.

See More Wordless Wednesday  

4 comments:

caite said... [Reply to comment]

another red door and I love red doors. But that storm door gives it a run for it's money.

Leedslass said... [Reply to comment]

I almost feel as though the door should be bigger to counteract the huge porch. Is a storm door there to keep out the tornadoes? I couldn't decipher which part was the storm door!!! I'm English so please forgive my ignorance.

Yogi♪♪♪ said... [Reply to comment]

That's a handsome house alright.

Christie said... [Reply to comment]

It does seem as if the door is a little small given the space around it.