Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ruby Tuesday - 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air Convertible

OK, this is my last post from the Tulsa Exotic Auto Show.   Here is a gorgeous 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air red and white convertible, complete with 2 speed Powerglide and an engine of 4344 cm3 / 265.1 cui displacement with advertised power 112 kW / 150 hp / 152 PS ( SAE gross ) / 4400 and 329 Nm / 243 lb-ft / 2200 of torque

When I was a freshman in high school my mother bought a 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air  2 door hardtop, ivory over turquoise.  My interest in household chores and lawn maintenance rose sharply when these activities became tightly coupled with possession of the car keys.  The hardtop was not quite as heart stopping as the convertible, but it was really a sweet ride.  Note that this beauty has been equipped with the rarely seen optional right hand drive.

See more Ruby Tuesdays 

7 comments:

Robin said... [Reply to comment]

Oooh, shiny! (And right-hand drive as well? Cool!)

maria said... [Reply to comment]

Really cool! Happy RT2.

Mine's here.

Jan n Jer said... [Reply to comment]

What a sweet ride that is!

Liz said... [Reply to comment]

Cool car!

My entries:
Moms...Check Nyo
Yummy-as-can-be

Leedslass said... [Reply to comment]

I was going to say I didn't like the yellow steering wheel - it's out of kilter with the rest of the motor BUT then you pointed out it was on the "correct" side of the car. All is forgiven little yellow steering wheel:-) It just shows I only see what I want to see when it comes to vehicles.

Chubskulit Rose said... [Reply to comment]

Gorgeous!

Please come and have some strawberries at my blog. Your comment will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Ryan said... [Reply to comment]

Yeah I bet your moms lawn was picture perfect.