Hello Bill Miller!! I really love this sepia pic even though the colour one is great to! I adore old buidlings and when you come across something like this ... well is just takes you back in time .... Gena @ thinking aloud South Africa
J'aime beaucoup ces photos sépia, en phase avec le livre que je viens de finir ! j'ai commandé le film To Kill a mockingbird avec G. Peck, j'ai hâte de le voir ! Bises PS je ne vous vois plus dans mon salon ?
No contest here. The sepia version is wayyy better. Using the color filter idea for the transformation is intuitive and it works well -- just the same as if you screwed a color contrast filter on your lens when shooting B&W film.
As a retired but still crazy lover of pics, i am always pleased to come across someone who enjoys taking pictures. may I ask a question? Do you think a picture should always represent the subject honestly? Or is it an opportunity to make something new, as with sepia for instance? (ignoring news/journalism etc.)
What do you feel about increasing the colour saturation and contrast on 'grey-day' pics like some of those above? I think white skies have to remain white because any change here can look false. But they can be limited or given shape by finding things to stick in front. Don't be offended by the gratuitous crit. Bob
Link Latte 285
-
*#285*
To Scale! The Solar System - [one of the best videos]
The Hardest Gear In The World That Will Take Forever to Spin - [wow video]
Welcome to Scuba K...
Coucou...
-
*Bonjour*
*Je ne sais pas s'il faut tenir la barre dans notre pays bien arrosé, voire
inondé, mais un petit déclic et on reprend le cap !*
*Le déclic ét...
11 comments:
I prefer the sepia picture - much more atmospheric.
Hello Bill Miller!! I really love this sepia pic even though the colour one is great to!
I adore old buidlings and when you come across something like this ... well is just takes you back in time ....
Gena @ thinking aloud
South Africa
I too love the sepia version more. :)
Oh ow, the sepia one looks so strikingly 'old time', amazing :D
J'aime beaucoup ces photos sépia, en phase avec le livre que je viens de finir ! j'ai commandé le film To Kill a mockingbird avec G. Peck, j'ai hâte de le voir !
Bises
PS je ne vous vois plus dans mon salon ?
No contest here. The sepia version is wayyy better. Using the color filter idea for the transformation is intuitive and it works well -- just the same as if you screwed a color contrast filter on your lens when shooting B&W film.
Marvelous old building. Love the signage.
I love the way you posted the original and your version. It adds to the appreciate the viewer has for the shot. Thanks for sharing!
The sepia gives it so much more of a historic flavor. And when you compare it to the skyscraper scene below in the next post... Very well done!
The sepia version makes me feel like I'm in a Far-West movie. Love it!
As a retired but still crazy lover of pics, i am always pleased to come across someone who enjoys taking pictures. may I ask a question? Do you think a picture should always represent the subject honestly? Or is it an opportunity to make something new, as with sepia for instance? (ignoring news/journalism etc.)
What do you feel about increasing the colour saturation and contrast on 'grey-day' pics like some of those above? I think white skies have to remain white because any change here can look false. But they can be limited or given shape by finding things to stick in front. Don't be offended by the gratuitous crit. Bob
Post a Comment