Saturday, February 14, 2009

Bare Trees

Smokey and I drove through Woodward Park this afternoon and saw that the trees were still bare, although the buds are beginning to swell and the grass is starting to turn green again. A bit more warm weather and we will see the signs of spring.

Of course this being Oklahoma we could get a foot of snow next week, but we will keep our fingers crossed.

Sue has flown up to Chicago for a granddaughter's birthday. She will have pictures when she returns. I took her out for Vietnamese food last night and we celebrated Valentine's Day early. She left very early this morning but when I got up I found a card and a box of chocolates in the kitchen for me. In the meantime Smokey will look after me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I don't have a Valentine so I'm taking advantage of Susan's absence and borrowing you !

Happy St Valentine's day Bill.

Annex

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Help yourself. Same bck to you.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

After the silliness, I meant to say I love your pictures of trees.
We're just getting over the heaviest snowfall in twenty years and it's come as quite a shock to be housebound because of the weather! However, like Tulsa, the temperature has started to rise and we are just beginning to see the first signs of crocus and snowdrops, we're half way through February so spring can't be far away - lovely.

Anne

Elleona said... [Reply to comment]

Bonjour.

Le printemps n'est pas encore là par chez nous... mais les premiers crocus sortent dans le jardin.
Rentrés hier soir et bien contents de retrouver un coin sans neige, lol !
Bizzzzz.

Ms. Kathy said... [Reply to comment]

You have a good eye for composition in your photos. BTW--on another subject in common-- keep me informed of when your Kairos team goes in and I'll send some Agape items if you like. That's what i do here in south Louisiana! Stay blessed!