Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Ruby Tuesday - Jeep Wrangler Sahara

The litttle Jeep made a good impression on us during and after WW2; kind of like the Hummer did after Desert Storm.  Unlike the Hummer they actually served a purpose.  Nowadays I think they struggle.  They have to look rugged on the outside and luxurious on the inside, and they have to compete with a host of SUV's that do these things very well.  I have never owned one but those that do seem to like them.  There is a sort of macho image about a Jeep that endures.

See more Ruby Tuesday

8 comments:

Lucy Corrander : Photos said... [Reply to comment]

It looks sturdy. But very military. The kind of car which would be good as a metal toy but maybe not as a family vehicle?

Leedslass said... [Reply to comment]

Now I have to say something positive about this vehicle. It would be much easier for me to hitch my bottom on to the seat since I've had my knee replacement done. Other than that, I can find nothing to comment :-)

Hannah said... [Reply to comment]

It's not that great for aerodynamics, but I like the boxy look for visibility, I don't like these nice streamlined cars that have such small back windows you can hardly see behind you. The red color is pretty, and highly visible.

Yogi♪♪♪ said... [Reply to comment]

I used to have a jeep wagoneer and I loved it except it wasn't very reliable. I think they are better now. I like the looks of them but I don't think I'll own one.

elleona said... [Reply to comment]

Est-ce "macho" d'avoir une Jeep ? je ne sais pas mais en France on en voit peu....

DrillerAA09 said... [Reply to comment]

My son-in-law owns a standard Wrangler and he swears by it. Yes, there is a certain macho image projected here and I think folks do feel quite as guilty about taking one of these off-road as they would some of the sleeker "soccer mom" SUV's.

DrillerAA09 said... [Reply to comment]

...don't feel as gullty...

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

"It's a Jeep thing..."
As the tshirts and stickers state, one either 'gets' em or they don't. :)
[and yes, I have one.{since 1996} And its red even. And lifted...]