Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Ruby Tuesday - Red Lantana

Lantana comes in a variety of colors from pale yellow to pink to orange to bright red.  Many have blooms that are mixtures of these colors.  They stand up well to summer heat and seem irresistible to a wide variety of butterflies and other winged creatures.  I have them in a number of places and they are doing great in all locations.  Planted in spring they bloom all summer and grow to a surprising size bu late fall when frost knocks them down.  It is a standard in my garden.

See more Ruby Tuesday

3 comments:

Lea said... [Reply to comment]

I have the yellow/orange Lantana, and a pinkish one, but this is the first really red one I've seen - Beautiful!
Lea
Lea's Menagerie

Leedslass said... [Reply to comment]

From the shape of the leaf, this is something I think we would call a primula.

Yogi♪♪♪ said... [Reply to comment]

I think you have a green thumb Bill.