Saturday, February 25, 2012

Weekend Reflections - Crystal Bridges Museum

 

Recently my friend DrillerAA posted some excellent photographs from his visit to the beautiful new Crystal Bridges near Bentonville, Arkansas.  The place looked so interesting that Sue and I drove over to see it.  The museum is very new and only opened in November of last year.  It is built by Walmart Corporation which is headquartered in Bentonville.  We were surprised to find that admission was free.

It is actually a series of buildings of very interesting architecture.  Sue went through the exhibits inside and I checked out the outdoor trails and gardens.  There is a lot to see there, too much to try and cover in one post.  Come back for more in the next week or so.

More Weekend Black and White
More Weekend Reflections

13 comments:

Carol said... [Reply to comment]

Great photos! Beautiful reflections. Prefer this in color, but like the B&W also. Quite an unusual building. Would love to see this in person.

Oakland Daily Photo said... [Reply to comment]

Wow. I read a review of this building in the New Yorker last summer. Not at all what I expected. Beautiful b&w photo.

Tatjana Parkacheva said... [Reply to comment]

Interesting and beautiful place.

Regards and best wishes

elleona said... [Reply to comment]

Un monument intéressant et un endroit paisible.
Caresses à Smokey.
Kisses.

Leedslass said... [Reply to comment]

Most odd for me, but I can't make up my mind which picture I prefer!
What I do like is you giving your viewers a choice:-)

Beautiful and unusual building.

Doru Agafiţei said... [Reply to comment]

Gorgeous photos!
Thank you!

Monica S Engell said... [Reply to comment]

Beautiful black and white photo, and a wonderful place!
:)

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I enjoyed this much of the post. Lots to read and look at.

DrillerAA09 said... [Reply to comment]

We spent our time inside looking at the exhibits. Next visit we will spend more time outside. I can see this being spectacular in the fall, when the leaves change colors. In the spring I might start my visit in Compton Gardens, and follow the trail over to the museum. Glad you enjoyed your visit.

RobertN said... [Reply to comment]

Beautiful!

Yogi♪♪♪ said... [Reply to comment]

Well now, I gotta go see. Great pics, looking forward to your others.

Laura said... [Reply to comment]

Hi! A slight clarification about Crystal Bridges -- it was not built by the Walmart Corporation. It was built by Alice Walton and the Walton Family Foundation -- a separate entity from Walmart. Walmart did give an endowment, however, to sponsor admission to the permanent collection meaning there is no admission to view the permanent collection ever. To learn more visit http://crystalbridges.org Thanks!

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Wow, beautiful architecture!