Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunday Bridges - Tunnel through the Blue Ridge

When Sue and I drove through the Great Smokey Mountains on that foggy Monday last month, we passed through a number of short tunnels.  As we approached the outlet the fog filled the air with a soft glow.  As we cleared the exit the trees and pavement emerged from the fog into view again.  It was a pleasant sensation.

I hope it is proper to post a tunnel on bridge Sunday.  To my thinking, a tunnel is a bridge pulled inside out.

See more Sunday Bridges

5 comments:

dianasfaria.com said... [Reply to comment]

I had the same concern when I posted a similar shot & then someone left a comment that I was under a bridge so it was perfectly OK.
Besides, this is a cool shot too!

DrillerAA09 said... [Reply to comment]

What a great capture!

Yogi♪♪♪ said... [Reply to comment]

Great shot. I think of a tunnel as an earth bridge.

Leedslass said... [Reply to comment]

Quite eerie! Super shot.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I like your definition of tunnel :-D It's true, though!