Monday, August 2, 2010

Macro Monday - Tiger Swallowtail

The Tiger Swallowtail.is one of the most beautiful butterflies to be found in the United States.  This is a male.  The female would show a band of blue between the black margin and the main yellow area of the lower wing.

Sue and I arrived back in Tulsa about 6:00 this evening and deposited Molly and Will back with Sue's daughter and son-in-law.  We were all pleased to be home and back to familiar beds.  We had a very nice week.  Sue was surrounded by six of her grandchildren and I was able to take an embarrassing number of excellent photographs which I will be happy to share with you as the days go by


14 comments:

msdewberry said... [Reply to comment]

Beautiful photo! Great macro shot.

Kala said... [Reply to comment]

What a lovely butterfly. Great capture.

Sharon's Mum Anne said... [Reply to comment]

Don't be embarrassed about the number of photogrqaphs taken - your red face is our pleasure:-)

Love this picture.

joco said... [Reply to comment]

Hiya Bill,

I really enjoyed this picture. The marigolds so subtle and that butterfly complements is beautifully.

Francisca said... [Reply to comment]

Perfect placement of the yellow butterfly with your yellow marigolds. Lovely. (I almost posted the same butterfly for Mellow Yellow Monday, until another idea came to me, and then even that was changed by the natural course of events.)

Birdman said... [Reply to comment]

A very pleasing photograph here.

Jan n Jer said... [Reply to comment]

Love this photo...beautiful butterfly.

Lois said... [Reply to comment]

What a gorgeous shot! Glad you made it home safely.

Elleona said... [Reply to comment]

Quel plaisir, n'est-ce pas, que de retrouver Smokey et son LIT ????!!!!
Bisous.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

That's a beauty of a capture! Grrreat shot!

Jay said... [Reply to comment]

My goodness, he is magnificent, isn't he? Nice shot, too!

Maaike said... [Reply to comment]

lovely butterfly!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Lovely!

I took amazing pictures of butterflies (not bragging, I was surprised myself!) in Brazil. Since then, I've been trying to take other pictures of Canadian butterflies but they won't stay still. Brazilian ones wouldn't move, I guess it made my life easier!

James said... [Reply to comment]

Very nice!
This reminds me of one of my old pictures except I didn't have any flowers in it.