The Dawson School is on the Northeast Corner of East Ute Place and North Kingston Place.
Dawson was one of many small communities established after the land rush in 1889. It was annexed into the city of Tulsa in 1948. Present day Dawson is bounded by Apache on the North, Pine on the South, Yale on the West and Sheridan on the East. It was the location of the Smith Brothers coal Pit, a strip mining operation.
The Dawson School was constructed in 1908 and served as both school and community center for Dawson. The Dawson School is a sandstone, Romanesque style, two-room building. It is an excellent example of a schoolhouse built after the post-statehood school building boom. (Excerpted from Tulsa Preservation Commission)