Monday, June 14, 2010

Macro Monday - Butterfly on a Coneflower

This is some variety of Fritillary but just which one I do not remember.   I should know because I had a big entomology project then I was in high school.  Living in a small town I had country friends who belonged to the 4-H club and raised show calves, lambs, chickens or rabbits and entered them in the county fair.  I didn't have space enough in town to manage livestock, but the 4-H club offered other things as well, one of which was an Entomology project. I had a lot of fun with it and made some good friends.

See more Macro Monday

8 comments:

Kala said... [Reply to comment]

Beautiful colors.

Hootin Anni said... [Reply to comment]

No need to worry over naming it....the fact that you captured such a beauty and shared with us is the best part of the day for us visitors!!!

My macro is posted....visit with me today if you can. MACRO DURANTA BLOSSOM I'd love to have you stop by to view.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I like the Purple Cone Flower doing its job. Mine are not blooming yet. We are getting tears from God again. He cries a lot since BP spilled their oil in Gulf.

Yogi♪♪♪ said... [Reply to comment]

Great photograph. I like the transition of colors from the flower to the butterfly.

Jan n Jer said... [Reply to comment]

Love that you captured the butterfly with its wings spread...it makes such a colorful photo being perched on top of the cone flower.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Really good sbot! Macro is a difficult art.

Rune Eide said... [Reply to comment]

That was a BINGO!!

Joanne Olivieri said... [Reply to comment]

The vibrant colors in this photo are stunning. A fantastic macro shot. Wow!