Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday Jigsaw Puzzle - Eiffel Tower at Dusk

In June of 2000 the Eiffel Tower was lit to display the year.  Perhaps it is always lit up with the year, but this was Y2K, the year of the new millennium, and it seemed rather amazing to be at the cusp of such a moment in time.  Now it is June of 2010 and we are moving steadily through the 21st century.  I remember reading the Sunday newspaper on New Year's Day of 1950 and feeling amazed to be at the midpoint of the 20th century.  But then I was 9 and amazed by a lot of things.  I am grateful to say that at 69 I am still capable of being amazed.

6 comments:

Piyush Garyali said... [Reply to comment]

Such a lovely picture Tulsa Gentleman !

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Lovely shot of the iron lady ;-)

A little piece of trivia for you: did you know that the Eiffel tower at night is copyrighted? That's right, you can take pictures of it during the day but not at night, since the lights etc. are property of a company. Weird, eh? Not that I'm going to tell them ;-)

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

I understand that the little 'Happy Birthday to You' song that we have been singing all our lives is also copyrighted. We may all go to jail.

Micki02 said... [Reply to comment]

It's wonderful to be able to be amazed at 69 ! I hope I can be amazed too when I'll 69 as you !Eiffel Tower doesn't give the year now, it was just for 2000 year !
have a nice day !

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I love the Eiffel tower, I haven't seen it in person yet, but I will someday I am sure. I am glad you are still able to be amazed, its an important quality in a good life.

Sharon's Mum Anne said... [Reply to comment]

16.44 - I thoroughly enjoyed that one. Love jigsaws with lots of sky. You made my Sunday, thank you.