Saturday, July 16, 2011

Weekend Reflections - Philbrook Pond

I stopped by Philbrook on Wednesday to check on "my" garden.  We had a little rain late Tuesday and it was cooler (90F) in the early afternoon when I decided to go.  Of course I dawdled on my way through the Art Museum  to see a few new items.  By the time I got down to the pond the temperature  had climbed back up to pizza oven level and I didn't stay very long.  It was 4:00 PM when I took this photo looking to the southwest just under the afternoon sun which back lit everything.  On the way home the temperature was back up to 104F.

Today (Friday) Sue and I drove to a couple of big furniture stores to shop for a chair.  It seemed really hot, even more than usual.  My Toyota Sienna van has a temperature readout on a panel near the top of the windshield.  It said 108F as we were driving home and it felt like every bit of that.  We are setting new records almost every day.


More Weekend Reflections

9 comments:

Jim said... [Reply to comment]

It's such a beautiful scene. So much greenery.

Oakland Daily Photo said... [Reply to comment]

So graceful and peaceful.

James said... [Reply to comment]

That is a very beautiful place and I like the composition of your photo. That said I hope your weather stays away from here. I've been enjoying the 72 to 77 degree weather we've been having every day. :)

Jan n Jer said... [Reply to comment]

Simply gorgeous...great composition. WOW 108...this summer has been like a firecracker with the heat!! Stay cool!!!

Yogi♪♪♪ said... [Reply to comment]

Nice pic,

I always thought was my garden! We'll have to share it.

Hot, hot, hot. We have company coming so I need to mow the yard,

DrillerAA09 said... [Reply to comment]

Perfect reflection.
The day was too hot to handle.

Karl said... [Reply to comment]

Wonderful scene, so peaceful and nice reflection, I like it!

Hooked on Memes said... [Reply to comment]

Very beautiful. It looks like Monet's garden.

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

What a beautiful pond! Great reflections too.