The Brady Theater, 105 West Brady, Tulsa, Oklahoma. Completed in 1914, the Brady Theater was originally designed as a municipal auditorium and convention hall by the architectural firm of Rose and Peterson of Kansas City, KS. The building was known as Convention Hall for the first forty years of its life.
When the facility officially opened, it was billed as the largest hall between Kansas City and Houston. In 1930, world-renowned architect Bruce Goff was hired as designer of a major interior remodel. He had thirty days to transform the barn-like interior into an elegant showplace.
In 1952, additions were constructed at the front and rear of the original 1914 structure. Upper and lower lobbies were added and the building was renamed Tulsa Municipal Theater.
In 1979, the building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The architectural design at the time was referred to as Western Classic Revival. It is locally referred to affectionately as the old lady on Brady.
See more SEPIA SCENES