Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday Jigsaw Puzzle - Oops!

This photo plus a brief story ran in Friday's Tulsa World.
It seems that the driver of this late model Mercedes had trouble parking in the seventh floor of a downtown Tulsa bank parking garage. Police said the car was in reverse on the other side of the parking garage when the driver's foot got stuck on the gas pedal. He wasn't able to stop before the car crashed through the wall. For those who may have jumped to the wrong conclusion, the driver was a man, not a woman. This photo ran in news papers all over the world.

8 comments:

Sharon's Mum Anne said... [Reply to comment]

19.31 - that was enjoyable. On seeing the picture and story in my morning paper I have to confess I thought, thank heavens it was a man driving rather than a woman!

Gunn said... [Reply to comment]

I agree with Anne; I was also very pleased IT WAS A MAN, not a woman doing it!
We saw the photo in the newspapers here in Scandinavia, and we saw it on the news....
"It was an elderly man who had borrowed the car" we were told. Anyway, it was good that no people were seriously injured.

Birdman said... [Reply to comment]

hahahahahaha! This made me grin and I thought 'no humans were injured while taking this picture'.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Friend send me this from UK news, video even ..last week..Odd it would be all the world before here...don't you think?
Lu

Hilda said... [Reply to comment]

Oh goodness. And I thought it was just one of those attention-getting things. I sure hope the man wasn't hurt.

Julie said... [Reply to comment]

But ... but ... the car is not even damaged ... me smells a rat here ...

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

I imagine after blasting through a brick wall the car suffered significant damage although it would be hard to assess that from the angle of the photo. There was significant damage from debris to cars parked on the street below.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

ha,i know that grandpa in that car..needless to say it was the talk of the day