Sunday, July 1, 2012

Road Trip Day 1 - Clinton Presidential Center


We lwft Tulsa about 10:30 this morning and covered the 280 miles in about 4 hours. We decided to make it for Little Rock Arkansas to see the Clinton Presidential Center. Now I will tell you right off that I think Bill Clinton was a good president. He was passionate about the same social issues that ring my bell, full employment, financial stability, and affordable health care for every one. When he left office there were 2 million more jobs than when he took office and the national debt was paid off with a surplus left over. President Obama is the one who finally got health care legislation passed, controversial as it may be, but I think in time we will see it as one of the key elements of the security of the entire society regardless of the economic status of our citizens. So now I am out of the closet and a committed liberal. The tragedy of the Clinton scandal was that it distracted us from considering the things that were going well, particularly near the end of his presidential term. Had Mr Clinton only kept his pants zipped he would now be seen as one of our best presidents. Blah, blah, blah -- now about the Center.

I believe every presidential library has a reproduction of the Oval Office.  Since this is my first such library I am no judge but this looks authentic to me.  When you first see it you feel like you have been there before from the many photos and movies with this room in it.  It sort of breaths history, you can feel it like a soft breeze.

I have lots of pictures but I'm pretty sleepy and think I will save them for another time.  I will leave you for now and invite you back tomorrow when I am clearer headed.  I think Susan is interested in a nice museum in Chattanooga, Tennessee.

 Straight Out Of the Camera (SOOC) is a Sunday meme for photos that have not been tweaked or altered. In other words, straight out of the camera.

More Straight out of the Camera Sunday

4 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said... [Reply to comment]

That's a hefty chunk of miles you covered in that short space of time Bill and very relevant political points you have observed here. Ah politics, the subject of many heated debates oui!

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

I like the yellow paint on the wall it makes people happy ^_^

Mary,MI

Leedslass said... [Reply to comment]

Most interesting post. Power is a strong aphrodisiac to a lot of women as well as men. Pity Hillary didn't keep a closer eye on her husband. Have a good night's kip so we can all enjoy the next installment.

Yogi♪♪♪ said... [Reply to comment]

Amen Bill, I'm a Republican but I thought Clinton was a good president. Smart and focused and he just plain screwed up. I still can't believe the ferocity that the special prosecutor displayed in going after Clinton.

The health care legislation that Obama pushed through is long overdue.