Friday, December 2, 2011

Skywatch Friday - Bridges across the Arkansas

Looking northwest up the Arkansas River from the pedestrian bridge we see the bridges which connect downtown Tulsa with the western part of the city.  The red arrows in the images below are pointing to this cluster of bridges.  Click on the images to get a larger view.


While we are talking about bridges, it should be noted that there are no less than 5 spans crossing the river at the same location.  In the sky view on the left are the rail crossing, then the west bound lanes of I244/I75, the east bound lanes of I244/I75, the remains of the US66 bridge known locally as the 11th St bridge, and Southwest Boulevard to West Tulsa.

In the view on the right we see the network of exchanges that comprise the Inner Dispersal Loop.  I must confess to you that I have lived here most all of my life and I still am not confident that I can thread my way through all of these on the first try.  The key is to read the signs carefully and pray that you are in the right lane.

More SkyWatch Friday

4 comments:

DrillerAA09 said... [Reply to comment]

I've been across that original bridge to SW Blvd. more times that I care to count. Have a blessed week-end.

Sylvia K said... [Reply to comment]

I always love your clear, blue, blue skies! So beautiful!! Hope you have a great weekend!

Sylvia

Rune Eide said... [Reply to comment]

I hope you don't have to drive too far if you have chosen the wrong bridge :-)

Yogi♪♪♪ said... [Reply to comment]

Yep, lots of bridges, including one that is not used for anything.