Sunday, May 29, 2011

Tulsa Gentleman is Three Years Old

My first post to this blog was on May 29, 2008.  Since then I have made 1,531 posts to it.  To celebrate this occasion I will share 4 photos which are significant to me.


First is our wedding photograph.  We were married December 26, 2002.  We choose that date because it was the day after Christmas and the first day I had free.  I completed my 6th season as the Santa at Tulsa's largest mall.  Susan as widowed and I was divorced.  My kids live near by and hers are spread all over.  As a practical matter this was also the only time that all of our kids and grandkids were together.  Here we are, for the first and last time.  We have been together since, but not all at once. The three little girls in white dresses are our granddaughters - flower girls.

This is our little house.  It is small but very comfortable.  This photo shows  off our roses - Blaze on the porch, and New Dawn on the corner of the garage.  The New Dawn was started from a cutting about 18 years ago.



Here is my "family".  The smiling lady is my dear wife Susan,  and with her is our dog Smokey.  He is a Pit Bull Terrier and is the sweetest gentlest dog I have ever had.  Like children, it is all in how you raise them.  We make a happy family.


This photo is here because I like it.  It might be my favorite of all the pictures I have posted althought it didn't get much comment at the time.  I like it because of the simplicity of the composition and the clarity of the colors.

These are the memes I frequently post to.  I hope you enjoy them.
 
See more SEPIA SCENES
More Weekend Reflections
See more Weekend Black and White
See more Sunday Bridges
See more Macro Monday
See more Ruby Tuesdays
See More Wordless Wednesday

13 comments:

Lucy Corrander : Photos said... [Reply to comment]

It's a lovely post and begins with a very special picture.

Imagine marrying Santa Claus!

The tree and the snow photo is special in a different way. I can see why you like it so much.

This post ties in a little with some of my recent thoughts. I spend so much time taking photos for my blog, I don't take enough of home and family - and they are the ones I will, ultimately, treasure.

Happy Blogaversary.

Lucy

Julie said... [Reply to comment]

Well done, kind sir. I did not realise that you had been around since 2008. My first post was on 25th December 2008 and I have done about 850 of them. I did have an earlier blog with CDPB which I started in May 2007, but it self-immolated in the October 2008.

Well done Mr Bill Miller of Tulsa. YOu are indeed a gentleman.

Leedslass said... [Reply to comment]

Happy third anniversary Bill and may you, and we, enjoy many more.
Absolutely love your wedding photograph - I had "special" photographs taken for my 70th of all my family and they remain my favourites.

Dragonstar said... [Reply to comment]

Congratulations on your third birthday. Your wedding photo is a priceless treasure, your home is beautiful, and the tree in the snow is very special indeed.

Rune Eide said... [Reply to comment]

"Memories are made of this", and it looks like you are having a great time indeed.

Congratulations all over!

Yogi♪♪♪ said... [Reply to comment]

Congratulations on three years Bill. I've enjoyed every one of your posts since I started following you some time ago.

You have a great family and it has been nice getting to know you.

Here's to a bunch more years.

Francisca said... [Reply to comment]

How honored we are that you share with us your deepest treasures, Bill! You are one lucky man, and so are we for playing a tiny part in your journey of life through your blog. What a fun comment from Lucy: Imagine marrying Santa! Congrat's on your 3rd anniversary bogging and your happy life. Your solitary tree is a very fine photo, as are so many that you post.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I always say you don't look your age... no wonder, you're only three years old! :-)

Sharon said... [Reply to comment]

Two thumbs up for your blogiversay. You have a simple, beautiful and authentic style that that we all love and appreciate. Keep up the ever evolving good work.

DrillerAA09 said... [Reply to comment]

Wonderful photo set for your anniversary post. May you post many more.
Love the tree. I have one of a maple in autumn colors that is among my favorites as well.

Reader Wil said... [Reply to comment]

Congratulations on your wedding. Though it's a belated wish, I do hope that you can be together for a very long time!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Santa, I knew you were real!

Happy anniversary TG! Thanks for sharing personal info. The first thing to come to mind with the snow photo is a tree of life. The tree is unique in its portrayal of solitude, patience and wisdom. Cool pic.

The Redneck Rosarian said... [Reply to comment]

Congrats on your blog's milestone. I have enjoyed your posts and your pictures. The photos on this post are incredible. Love the rose photo, but none is more striking than seeing your family pictured all together for your special day.... Blessings to you and your family.