Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Ruby Tuesday - A Red Red Rose


A Red Red Rose

O my Luve's like a red, red rose
That’s newly sprung in June;
O my Luve's like the melodie
That’s sweetly play'd in tune.


As fair art thou, my bonnie lass,
So deep in luve am I:
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
Till a’ the seas gang dry:


Till a’ the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi’ the sun:
I will luve thee still, my dear,
While the sands o’ life shall run.


And fare thee weel, my only Luve
And fare thee weel, a while!
And I will come again, my Luve,
Tho’ it were ten thousand mile.


Robert Burns

4 comments:

Sharon's Mum Anne said... [Reply to comment]

That is beautiful and I quietly sang along as I enjoyed your post.

DrillerAA09 said... [Reply to comment]

There is nothing more appropriate for a Ruby Tuesday than a red, red rose. Great capture. Have a wonderful Ruby Tuesday.

Lois said... [Reply to comment]

Lovely!

Sharon's Mum Anne said... [Reply to comment]

What a beautiful picture and I hummed along whilst admiring it:-)
(Be glad you couldn't hear me).

I've just been out drawing a rose very similar to that one only it was white.