Friday, August 14, 2009

Molly is 11


Molly is 11 and her dad Jeff came down from Missouri to help celebrate. Jeff took Molly to see the new Harry Potter movie and Grandma Susan took her shopping for new school uniforms. She requested fried chicken and couscous for her birthday. I fried the chicken southern style just like my mother used to make. the pieces are shaken in a paper bag of seasoned flour then pan fried in very hot oil until tender and juicy with a crisp crust.


After dinner we enjoyed Susan's lemon cake with pudding frosting. We sang Happy Birthday to you, and Molly opened cards with $20 inside. A very happy birthday indeed.

4 comments:

Crazy Four said... [Reply to comment]

Birthday Wishes to Molly!!:-)

RennyBA's Terella said... [Reply to comment]

Happy BirthDay to Molly - all the way from Norway!

Sorry I haven't been around for a while - busy at a blog gathering in South France you know :-)

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Happy birthday to Molly - I wonder what she'll spend her $20 on?

Anne

Micki02 said... [Reply to comment]

Hello !
Happy birthday Molly !
from Vincent, Clemence and me
Bill, I would like to hace receipe of fried chicken, I love it !!
Please Bill, give me the receipe !!

Kisses