Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Unexpected Pleasure

When I parked my car to go to my AA meeting at noon today, a very sweet lady came up and handed me a beautiful candied apple, and gave me a hug. She said she had made a batch and wanted me to have one. She said she really glad I was an alcoholic because I was one of the people who had helped her stay sober. How nice!

It's a beautiful day, I have a new grandbaby, Susan is coming home tomorrow, and I just got a candy apple and a hug. What could be nicer?

3 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

We call those toffee apples and are very popular at Halloween.

Don't you find the world a better place now you're sober? I know I do. I ddn't realise how depressed alcohol made me until I stopped drinking and suddenly I found I could enjoy not only my own company but those around me whom I had shunned so I could "enjoy" the demon drink.....
I drank behind closed doors, alone and kept myself very much to myself. It's lovely to enjoy the world again at nearly 74 years of age.

I send you a mental hug from the UK so that's two in one day.

Anne

Elleona said... [Reply to comment]

Bill, c'était votre jour de chance, lol !
Qu'est-ce qui était le mieux ? La pomme caramélisée ou l'accolade???!
Bizzzzz.

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Thank you Mater Anne. I posted a nice jig saw picture for you today.